Monday, December 12, 2011

Hey there strangers....

Well, as per usual I've let time get away from me...but I've missed you all and I wanted to play a little catch-up so you didn't think I fell off the face of the EARTH! November seriously FLEW and the way this month is going....Christmas will have come and gone before I finish typing this post - LOL ;) As a SIDENOTE: if you want to keep-up with me on a more consistent basis, follow my Facebook page! I post there frequently...maybe even a little TOO frequently ;)

The Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting were well-received by my Cupcake of the Month Clubbers....speaking of which....I'm ENROLLING NEW MEMBERS NOW!!! The 2012 CCMC starts up in January, toward the end of the month. Those of you still finishing up your holiday shopping (I count myself among you)...a CCMC membership is the EPITOME of the gift that keeps on giving! Six months of deliciousness....you'll be more popular than Santa if you're gifting cupcakes lemme tell ya! For full details visit my Cupcake page HERE!


Hot Cocoa Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting

I also wanted to THANK all of you that stopped by to see me at Westdale Mall for the Cedar Rapids Macaroni Kids' Family Fun Day and Xmas Expo!!! I was SO super pumped for this event...and it was an even BIGGER BLAST than I could have hoped for! Charlotte did an AMAZING job putting it together....Breakfast with Santa, a Bouncy House, Stocking Stuffer Hunt, Cookies for Kids' Cancer Bake Sale...and TONS of LOCAL vendors! I LOVE having a chance to meet some of you in person! My sister helped run my booth and together we sold over 200 Cake Pops and nearly 300 cupcakes!!! Wahoo...it was a FUN day ;)

I do have some not-so-fun news....many of you already know this because you've contacted me for Holiday goodies....but I won't be able to fill any orders from December 16th through mid-January. I'm having surgery on my hand this week and will be officially BANNED FROM THE KITCHEN while I recover! It's a major bummer...I honestly can't remember a Christmas that wasn't spent baking my little heart out. It's such a HUGE part of the season for me....I'll have to go into overdrive after I've recovered to make-up ;)

Finally...as a little parting gift...check out these Super Mario Toadstool Cake Pops! I made them last week for a birthday party and LOVE how they turned out. I'm inspired to try my hand at more Mario characters now...you know....after I have 2 fully-functioning hands that is- LOL!








1 comment:

  1. I hope the surgery on your hand goes well and that you can soon get back tothe kitchen. Your cupcakes are sound divine. I am a first time visitor who plans to return. Have a great day.Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete