Sunday, January 9, 2011

Rose Cake Pop Tutorial!

I had TONS of inquiries about the Rose Cake Pops I posted last week, so it seemed only logical that a proper tutorial should follow!

I plan on including these in my Valentine's Day Specials for those of you that don't want to attempt to make them yourself...but for the rest of you....enjoy!

If you've never made Cake Balls or Cake Pops, head straight over to Bakerella's website for a crash-course! Once you have the basic concept and recipes down you can apply them to SO many fun custom creations.

Rose Cake Pops

You'll Need:
Prepared Cake Balls
Lollipop Sticks
Melted Almond Bark or Candy Melts
Prepared Modeling Chocolate

      Quick Modeling Chocolate Recipe: Melt 8 oz of Chocolate or Almond Bark. Once melted, combine with 1/3 Cup Corn Syrup until well mixed. Spread mixture on clear plastic wrap and cover.
Refrigerate until hardened and ready to use.
For the roses, I used a combination of Red Candy Melts and White Almond Bark.

To start, you'll need to form your Cake Balls into tear drop shapes.
I like to roll them in varying sizes so I can have large and small roses.


Dip the lollipop stick into melted almond bark, then insert the dipped stick into the formed Cake Ball....you now officially have a Cake Pop...ready to be dipped! 


Dip the Cake Pop, be sure to completely coat the tear drop shaped ball and gently tap off the excess almond bark.

I use a chocolate melter for super easy melting and dipping!


Put the Cake Pops in a Styrofoam block to set.



Cut a 3-4 inch piece off of your Modeling Chocolate.


Roll until the piece is smooth and workable.
Be careful not to over-handle the Modeling Chocolate.
If it gets too soft and sticky, put it back in the refrigerator for a bit.


Cut the rolled Modeling Chocolate into 8 equal pieces.


Using a spoon, or whatever method/utensil you prefer, flatten each of the pieces to form the individual petals for your rose.


I also used a small amount of Modeling Chocolate to cover the tips of the Cake Pops after they were dipped.
If you are working with a dark colored cake this may be necessary so the color of the cake doesn't show through.

Start wrapping the petals, around the Cake Pop.


The Modeling Chocolate is workable, so after you place each petal you can smooth the edges.



Repeat until all of the petals have been used. I like to vary the amount of petals I use so some of the roses appear to be in full bloom, and others look like rose buds...do what makes you happy ;)


After all of the petals have been placed you can carefully roll them back for a more "in-bloom" look.



That's it...I know it seems like a lot, but really (I SWEAR) it's not!
Have fun!

~Audrey



19 comments:

  1. Amazing! This takes a lot of creativity! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!! Will need to order a lot online living i Germany, though. Am excited, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love it!!! will have to give this one a try for valentine's day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, thanks for the tutorial! I didn't even know they made modeling chocolate. I featured you today on my valentine's day roundup :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentines-day-roundup-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to find you! I love cake pops and I love to get creative with them...Cant wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing! So tiny and intricuit. I love them!! I wanted to let you know that I received my cake pop book today and I'm so excited!!! Thank you. Thank you! Thank you!!!
    Hanna
    Bouffe e Bambini

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - these are absolutely fantastic! I have been looking for an edible bunch of flowers idea for so so long!

    Great job,
    Charlotte xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...these are incredible! I have tried cake pops a few times and they always end up in the garbage:) You make it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy moly! You are *super* patient, and they look delicious! Wouldn't mind a few my way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are super talented! I can barely make regular cake balls! I would love to have you come and link up to Fantastic Friday at http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for linking up to Tute {Yourself} Tuesday last week! I hope you'll stop by again this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that I featured you!
    Littleeme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness these are awesome I'm not sure if I could let people eat them after I carefully made them though haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Came to check out your tractor party and then saw these, too! Would love for you to link them in our Star Recipes Collection.

    ~The Lucky Wife (via The Chef)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing! These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I was wondering if you could a tutorial for the owl cake pops. I'm planning my SIL's owl themed baby shower and I would love to make them for that! Love your site BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You, darling, just won the internet. Genius as always but this is seriously cool!

    Highly recommended Minnesota Divorce Lawyer

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete