Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reindeer Food!

I shouldn't even be posting...I have too much to do! Plus, every time I spend more than 5 minutes in the blogosphere my To-do list gets longer! There are just so many fun holiday ideas out there right now, and not enough time to do them all :(

I've been spending most of my "spare" time feverishly working on holiday orders. I still have a bit of space on my baking schedule, so if you want something and haven't contacted me, this is the week to do it!

I made a point today to set aside a bit of time for a super quick and easy project. I made a big batch of Reindeer Food (our holiday version of Puppy Chow) and packaged it in a fun and festive way for the kiddos to take with them to daycare as gifts.

This isn't really a tutorial because it's just TOO easy....but here's what I did:
1) Collected Frappucino bottles for about a month, removed the labels and ran them through the dishwasher.
2) Made some Reindeer Food, filled the bottles.



3) Embellished the bottles with super cute printables from Paperglitter...these are from her Funky Holiday Line and can be purchased in her Etsy shop!

That's it! Super cute and super easy...just how I like it! I've seen these bottles used for similar purposes on other sites so I can't take credit for the idea...this is just my take on it ;)

~Audrey


18 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I'm doing an 'idea a day' until Christmas and I would love to share this on my blog. Please let me know if your interested!
    -Kelsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey! I'd love for you to share my Reindeer Food bottles on your site...thanks for thinking of me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love those bottles! Such a cute clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The packaging is adorable! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute way to dress up a fun snack! I LOVE reindeer food, and the bottles are adorable! Thank you so much for linking up to Homemade Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just adorable!

    I'm featuring you on my blog tomorrow. Come and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Audrey! Just wanted to let you know I featured these for the Homemade Christmas Recipes portion of my Christmas party today! Thanks again for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea. I am so not a thinker than doer though.. and when i see a picture and i like it.. thats what i want.. and so i was wondering if you could tell me exactly what those are called around the bottles because i want to make sure i got it right. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. where on the website can you find the bottle label, and decoration things? I went to look for them but couldn't find the ones you used
    Really cute idea, I'm using it for a teacher gift! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this. I've been saving yoohoo bottles and I think this would be perfect for them !!! www.sexylexiskoolkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love your use of the Starbucks frapp bottles, and we have linked up to your post over at: http://belleandbeauantiquarian.blogspot.com/2012/11/more-than-message-in-bottle.html.
    Come visit us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to make 10 of these... how do I know how much reindeer food to make? do you have your recipe with measurements?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have just marked your blog in my bookmark so that i am anle to see dog food recipes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not able to find these printables anywhere. Are you able to direct me to them?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post. Thanks for sharing with us. I want to share information about the Mobile app development company. Appconsultio stands as your steadfast and expert ally in the realm of mobile application development and ongoing maintenance. Our services not only trim down the investment costs associated with technical support but also ensure a seamless operation of your apps, free from bugs and equipped with timely upgrades for end-users.

    ReplyDelete